Rules of good HTML
January 6th, 2012 by admin
1. Do not load the page graphics. The visitor will not be forever grateful to you, watching more than 5 minutes to load “huge” images.
2. Do not use big pictures on the page. If so, and itch, better slice image into smaller pieces and put them in the table. This way you will greatly facilitate the loading of graphics.
3. Do not embedded in the page too much Java-scripts and applets, showing his greatness. If so added them in the end of html fles.
4. If you can make an alternative picture-links as text links. Let the site there and then, and then, as some users disable their browsers to download graphics.
5. If any section is not ready to not be an eyesore to visitors an animated picture standard “under construction” or “Under Construction”. Enough to write an invitation to come back later.
6. Do not be lazy to specify in IMG-tag size image WIDTH and HEIGHT. Otherwise, when downloading images text will jump in different directions. The visitor just do not like it.
7. Write a description of the image ALT-text. Do not force visitors to wait for complete loading wanting to know what is behind this picture.
8. Do not use a large number of nested frames with the intricacies of the navigation system. If possible, it is better to opt out of the frames.
9. Do not use too much text in exclamation marks (!!!). This way you’ll get that a visitor will not even notice the really important information.
10. If you think that a lot of flickering attract links to listen to – you’re wrong. Do not think that the Internet is ill static. A large number of such links does not particularly happy. After
viewing this site, you can get a headache until the evening.
11. Check that the page is visible at different resolutions. You should make sure that it was perceived as good in 1024×768 or in 1280×1024.
12. Try not to use the horizontal scroll bar.
13. If you are going to do on the page of any background: Try to pick contrasting and at the same time relaxing the eye combination font and background.
14. Follow the spelling on the site. If you are going to create a really good site, at your desk to be spelling dictionary.
15. Each item of your site should be available with three clicks. Try to watch this. Otherwise, the visitor will be confused in navigating your site.
16. The size of one page should not exceed about 45-50 kb. Otherwise, the boot process drags on, it is not always pleasant.
17. Do not put the site into one big table, because the contents of the table will be shown only when it is fully loaded.
18. Always check the correctness of internal links. Very often, web-masters leave these links: file: / / / C :/…
19. Always set your background color of main tag, even if it’s white. Otherwise, the color will be in Default, and on different machines.
20. Image Links option, use border = “0″ (in the tags <a href=”…”>) that you get rid of the blue frame around the image links.